Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Afternoon Project

We finally had a break from the rain today!  And although it was overcast earlier, the sun is shining brightly right now.  I was certainly glad to get out of the house today.  I hadn't left home since Sunday and I was beginning to go a little stir crazy.

My day started by being woke up at 6 am by a certain little girl!  I finally decided at 7:20 she wasn't going to go back to sleep and I was tired of being pounced on in bed so I got up.  Every Wednesday I join a group of ladies at church for our Bible study.  We are currently reading through the book "Parenting By God's Promises" by Joel Beeke.  It is fabulous!

Click{HERE} to see more


So....getting to my project.  After lunch my whole house decided to take a nap, except me.  I knew if I couldn't sleep for a few hours, I would be miserable.  So, while they slept, I got crafty :)

A few years ago I ordered this key ring holder for my livingroom.


It was cute and served its purpose.  I have since then repainted my livingroom but never changed out the keyring holder.  So today, on a whim, I decided it was time to change it!  I started by painting the whole thing with a coat of black.




After I let that dry I wanted to spice it up a little.  I took some silver glitter paint that I had bought a while back to use on a different project and painted just the letters and the pegs.




Once I let it dry good I was able to hang it back up.  I love the black against my burnt orange walls (even though the color looks strange in this picture - it was taken with my phone)!


Here are by before, during and after shots....


1 comment:

les lunettes de soleil lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.