Saturday, April 26, 2008

26 Weeks....and counting!

I had my 26 week check up this past friday. We are getting closer!!! I had to take my glucose (sugar) test then. They make you drink this wonderful sugary orange drink and then in an hour they prick your finger and test your sugar levels. Well.....I failed that test! So I have to go for a more intesive 3 hour test. They will require me to fast (which is no good....hello I am pregnant remember.....I need food all the time!). The fasting will be the easy part - just nothing after midnight. I can handle that, but not being able to eat until after the 3-4 hour test.....that is going to kill me! On top of not eating I get to drink the wonderful sugary drink again, plus let them draw blood (not a prick...an actual needle) 4 different times throughout the test! Wow what a day that will be! I will be sure to let you know how that goes.....

On a brighter note, Mom and I took Brody to the beach today! It was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! We had fun. I put sunscreen on, but obviously missed several spots that are RED! But all in all it was a great day.......

2 comments:

Ashlee Davis said...

Sugar stuff is no fun to have to deal with when you are pregnant. Let's hope it was just your blood/sugar level that day.

Glad you made it to the beach; The kids and I went to the beach on friday. I did so good putting the sunscreen on the kids and when I got home found that the kids did I good job of putting it back on me. I had fingertips and handprints all over my legs lol.

The top of my feet are burnt..no fun. I thought with being in the sun for tennis so much I wouldn't burn. I forgot about the whole wearing shoes when you play :( Running was fun today. ouch!

Let's try again this summer to make it to the beach together!!!

TheVanzants said...

Oh goodness...I hate that you failed that! Hopefully the 3 hour one will be a breeze!

I need to hit the beach soon - not with Reese yet - but, good gracious, my legs are white!