Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Warning....this could prove to be the longest post ever! Don't say I didn't warn you...

Where do I begin. As you all know from previous posts, Cale has been sick. Well he decided to share his germs with Mom and Dad. I ended up with the worst of it (of course). So with that said, this was a very long and painful weekend.

We will start with the FBC Easter Egg hunt. I had gone to the Dr the day before and she had given me a couple of medicines to try. She wanted me to do 2 for a couple days and see if that helped, and if not then I should start the antibiotic. Well needless to say, I was feeling much worse, so I started the antibiotic along with the decongestant she gave me.

And we were off to the egg hunt (30 minutes late, but we were on our way). It was overcast when we arrived, but the wind quickly blew the clouds away. It turned out to be a beautiful morning. The farm where we had the egg hunt had tons of animals. Cale couldn't really figure them out. He just kept staring at them. Kailyn took Cale into the barn to see the rest of the animals while I went to find somewhere to sit. I was really starting to feel bad, but I didn't want Cale to miss out on all the fun (the things you do for your kids).

Luckily the egg hunt started pretty soon after I found some water and a place to sit. Cale "found" and few eggs, but the only thing he knew to do with them was to put them into his mouth! Go figure :)

After finding some eggs, I knew I had to go. By the time we got home I was feeling really sick. My hands were cramping and my arms tingling, I was breathing really heavy and feeling like I was going to faint. It was really scary. So Bryan immediately got on one phone with the doctor and the other phone with his mom (to come get Cale). The doctor said that what I was experiencing was a normal side effect and told me to stop taking the decongestant and to stick with the antibiotic. It took an hour or two (very longggggg hours) for the decongestant to wear off. It was awful! Finally I was feeling a little better. Still running fever and no appetite, but I didnt feel like I was going to die anymore.
Bryan's mom kept Cale for the rest of the day, but I still wanted to dye Easter eggs. So we got everything together and we did eggs that night. Cale had no idea what we were doing and could have cared less (again, the things we do as moms). He was much more interested in the plastic eggs from the egg hunt and the big spoon we got out to dip the eggs with. Of course it didnt really help that it was very close to bed time either. He ended up eating his bottle as we finished the eggs....

Bryan was trying to show him what we were doing :)

The finished product...
After the eggs, it was time for bed. That night the Easter Bunny came to leave Cale some goodies and of course and Easter outfit. As soon as we put him by his basket, he went straight for the race car and dumped the whole basket over!

Easter morning was quiet an experience too. I was still feeling bad, but I was not feverish, so I thought I would attempt church. I knew that taking a shower and getting ready (blow-drying my hair, make-up, dressing, etc) would be the test. If I could do those things, then I felt I would be okay to go to chuch. Well I somehow managed to get ready (it took me 2 hours, but I did it!). So we headed off to church. After church we went to Bryan's parents for lunch and of course a family picture. It was there when I felt my fever coming back.

I made it through lunch, changed clothes, and then found a couch to crash on. The Easter Bunny also visited Cale at Granny and Papa's house and Aunt Valerie's too! He was so funny going through the baskets!

After baskets, Bryan and I, both headed home for some rest while Cale stayed with Granny and Papa. We both got a good nap, but my fever just would not go away! So I called in for Monday (today), because you cant work with a fever! I am glad to say that I am feeling much better today. My fever is gone and I have been able to eat a little more. Hopefully I am on the uphill climb to recovery. What a first Easter for Cale. I sure hope next year is much better!


AmyT said...

awlll the pics are SO cute!

Jenn said...

I was sick the same way on Luke's first Easter...and then this year it was his turn.

Cale looks adorable in those pictures!

The Pickett's said...

I love Cale's glasses!! Too cute!

Jaime said...

aww.. sorry you were sick on easter :(

The pics are adorable!!! You're little man is growing up so quick!!

Abbi said...

looks like yall had a great Easter!
cute pics!!
he's growing sooo fast!

The Panke's said...

I'm glad you're feeling better:) At least you made the best of it so Cale could enjoy his Easter.