Saturday, July 19, 2008

Still hanging in there

It has been an emotionally and physically draining past few days. I am at the point where I feel as if I am going to bust. I dont know if my belly can stretch any bigger. Then there are the contractions. They come in waves. It is just enough to get me thinking that "it is time" and then they stop. I sat up last night from 3 am to 6 am timing them. They were getting into the time spans that they need to be to call the doctor, so I was starting to get excited and nervous all at the same time. I wanted to make sure that it was going to be the real deal so I told myself "30 more minutes and I am going to wake Bryan up and call the doctor". Well in those 30 minutes they slowed down to 10 plus minutes apart and eventually stopped. I was crushed. It is so disappointing and frustrating to think that you are there and then everything haults. I am trying to stay positive and know that they baby will come at the perfect time, but it is so hard. Poor Bryan, I know that he is probably ready to kill me. I have been so moody the past few days. I am so physically ready to have this baby. My body is screaming at me for relief and there is nothing I can do to help it. So for now I just continue to pray that the Lord will give me the strength I need to make it until this little miracle arrives. And until then I am trying not to be such a grouch, but it sure is hard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you!

TheVanzants said...

Girl - I know! But, you're right, that baby will come on the Lord's time.

Praying for you! Can't wait to hear. Hang in there - it'll be over all to quickly and you'll miss being pregnant - I never thought I would miss it - but I do!