Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Candy

This past week my mom came out and stayed a couple of nights so that she could watch Cale for us. While she was here, we started on our annual Christmas Candy. For as long as I can remember, my mom has always made chocolate covered peanut butter balls and chocolate covered coconut. Well last year she passed the tradition to me. Last year I did it (while in the early stages of pregnancy and very sick). Bryan helped the best he could, but making candy is not really his thing.

Well this year I figured I would take advantage of mom being here and her willingness to help. I mixed all the peanut butter and she rolled out the balls. While she rolled, I mixed the coconut and spooned them out. Then I cleaned up all the mess while mom finished up with her peanut butter balls. That is normally the hard part. Not so much this year. It seem to take no time at all.

Then came the dipping them in chocolate part! I was on my own for that part. Let me just say that it took FOREVER!!!!! I thought I would never finish! Bryan helped with getting them out of the fridge and then putting them back in once they were dipped.

I started dipping at 3 and didn't finish until about 7:30! There were several Cale breaks in between, but it still took a long time. I am glad to say that I do not have to dip another peanut butter or coconut ball for another year!

No comments: