Friday, October 3, 2008

Ouch....Shots!

Cale had his 2 month check up today (yes he is already 2 months old...I cant believe it). So that meant.....SHOTS!!!!! He was such a champ though. He cried during the actual shots, but afterwards he only whined for a few minutes and then he fell asleep. My mom met me there so that I didnt have to go alone. She was wonderful. She helped to hold him down because I just didnt think I could do it. The funny thing is that I find it quite ironic though because he cried more on the way to the doctor (and on the way home) than he did while he got shots....go figure!

I dont know what it is, but my boy does not like the car!!! But it only seems to be when it is just me and him in the car. I cant figure it out. If Bryan is with us, he is fine. But if it is just me (and I cant reach him) he screams bloody murder! I had to stop today on the way home because I couldnt take it any more. I pulled over at the fair grounds and gave him his binky and before I could get back on US1 he had spit it out. So I stopped one more time and put it back in....only this time, I folded up his blanket and put it under his chin so that he could not spit it out. He was asleep within a minute. I dont know what his deal is, but I think he is trying to give me a nervous break down. Shots are nothing compared to a ride in the car. I sure hope he grows out of this!!!!

On a good note, here are some pics of when we got home. Notice the Tazmanian Devil bandaides :) Oh I almost forgot.....He weighed 13 lbs 9 oz...he is a little pig... (90th percentile) and was 25 inches long (97th percentile....he is going to be tall like his daddy). I have a growing boy on my hands!!!!




5 comments:

Ashlee Davis said...

tara, i so understand! i can stand anything BUT crying in the car. Kaylee has always been bad in the car. Nathan wasn't ever! Nothing makes you want to drive into a concrete poll at 60 miles an hr then a screaming baby during a car trip! ok, that was a little much :P But do know what you are talking about with the nervous break down! lol

TheVanzants said...

Reese is starting to get out of her phase of hating the car - it will end! :) (*knock on wood*!)

I'm so glad your mom was able to meet you there - I know that was a HUGE relief!

13 lbs - he's catching up to Reese quick. I'm anxious to see what she weighs when we go to the dr. in 2 weeks! With all her poopy diapers this week, she's probably lost some weight!

Glad to hear everything went good with the shots - don't be scared to keep on top of Tylenol to keep him comfy - I did it for the first 24-30 hours just so she wouldn't hurt. Lots of love helps too!

The Panke's said...

Glad you made it through the shots. It's always hard to see your baby hurt.

Olivia hated the car too for a while. The key that I found was lots of toys hanging from the handle of the carseat-links were our best friend. She seemed to like all of the toys that were hanging around in front of her face. She's does great in the car now so have faith it will get better:)
Sounds like he's growing good. Olivia is always high on the charts, my mom always says it means she's healthy. I'm anxious to get her stats at her 6 month check up.

Garrett Conner said...

he's a good looking big boy!

Unknown said...

Good good good......