Friday, September 12, 2008

Sleeping Beauty (or can I call him that?)

I am very excited to say that my little man slept 5 1/2 hours straight last night!!! We fed him at 11 and put him down and he didnt wake up until 4:45 this morning!!! I was so excited. Tonight comes the real test though. I am going to try and put him in his crib to sleep for the first time. He has been taking his naps in his crib, but at night he is in the cradle in our room. Well, he is really starting to get to big for the cradle, so tonight we are going to try and let him sleep in his crib. I am sure that I will be a nervous wreck and will be up checking on him, but I have to do it...for him and for me! I go back to work in 2 weeks and I want him settled into his room and his bed by then. So wish me luck. I will let you know how it goes.....

1 comment:

TheVanzants said...

He'll do great! It's good that you've been 'practicing' by letting him nap in his crib - that's how we started.

I was only up the first night checking on her every hour or so - but after that, I realized, I can hear everything on the monitor and she'll be okay - get some rest!

Just an FYI - if Cale is a 'mover' in his sleep, be careful of the crib bumper...we had to take Reese's out - she gave us a scare one night. It probably would've been okay, but just to ease my mind...

Can't wait to hear how it goes!