Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Super Savings!

Last night was my first trip to the grocery store with my Grocery Game List and coupons in hand. I must add that shopping after 9pm is nice because there is no one in the store. On the other hand, they only have one lane open, and all 5 people that were shopping last night decided to check out at the same time! Most of them only had a few things, but my cart was FULL!

So back to the good part. After joining the grocery game and printing my list and gathering my coupons, I am very proud to say that I saved $90.42!!!! Yes you read it right....$90.42! I handed my winn-dixie card to the cashier and then a whole stack of coupons. His comment was "you came prepared". ABSOLUTELY!!!! Now I just have to hit CVS for some more money saving deals! I feel so accomplished saving that much money! Now if I can just keep it up (especially when I go back to work).

2 comments:

TheVanzants said...

I just joined this week and can't wait to go on my first excursion! Wonder how much I'll save?

My main problem is, I don't have alot of room to 'stockpile' so we'll see how it goes!

Congrats :) That makes you feel good, doesn't it!?

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh that's awesome! We are thinking about joining too! It's a little rush to save that much huh? haha!